Monday, January 8, 2007

The Journey Begins...

With my temporary filling in place, I left home Saturday night at 9:30, drove all night until 6:00 am, drove all day on Sunday, and am now in Waco Texas. It's darn cold in these southern states! I woke up to 25 degrees the last two days, but it's almost 60 here today.However, a cold front is on its way the end of the week, so I'm heading down to the Rio Grande Valley.

Pretty routine trip so far, except for witnessing a bad accident on the freeway in Kansas. About a half-mile ahead of me, a large extended cab pick-up pulling a very long trailer side-swiped a car on his left side, then over-corrected, going out of control and jack-knifing, flipping his trailer and smashing into some trees off to the right of the freeway. By the time I got there, there were cars stopped on both sides of the freeway and people were running all over. After creeping past the scene, I kept going, figuring there were enough witnesses a lot closer than I had been, and I'd be useless at first-aid. Sobering experience, though.

Today in Waco I took a long walk with the dogs along the river walk, then went to the Dr. Pepper Museum. Tonight, I'm planning on staying in Victoria, then going to the gulf tomorrow. The MUTT is still humming along like the quality machine it is. Keep those fingers crossed for me!

No comments: