Monday, January 1, 2007

Fate takes a "bite" out of my travels!

The New Year is not starting out very well...

This morning while eating my breakfast toast, a chunk of my tooth broke off! This is the tooth I had complained about to the dentist a couple months ago, and he said he couldn't see anything wrong with it. Time for a new dentist? Anyway, in addition to having a very bad toothache and living on oatmeal and warm milk, I'm probably going to have to delay the start of my journey, which I was planning for this Friday (1/5). I don't know if I'll end up with an extraction, a cap, and/or a root canal. Probably a cap, in my very inexpert estimation.

I don't have dental insurance, so this also takes a big bite out of my travel finances. At least I'll be saving on my grocery bill...oatmeal and milk are cheaper than my normal frozen dinners. I had bought a nice big steak yesterday for my New Year's dinner; guess that will be going in the freezer now!

I'm sure everyone will anxiously await more dental news later this week. (;>) Stay tuned for "As the Molar Burns"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on down before the snow hits. We'll stock up on oatmeal for you. I have heard that dental work is much cheaper in Mexico!?!