Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Hot and Not-so-Cold of it

January 11-12
It’s been getting warmer outside every day, but unfortunately, so is the temperature inside my refrigerator. It quit working yesterday morning, and I’m not sure what I’m going to do about it. I stopped at an RV Service place, but they said I’ll probably need to replace either the cooling unit or the whole frig. I checked with Leisure Travel about warranty info, and they said I need to go directly to the frig manufacturer. I’m working on that now.

The couple working at the Brownsville RV Park I’m staying at are very nice and let me put all my frozen food in their freezer. I put a couple pans of ice in the frig and that seems to be holding the temp pretty well. The couple works in this park 5 months of the year, then works at another park in MN, north of Rochester another 5 months in the summer. They were so happy to meet another Minnesotan that when I asked for a recommendation for an authentic Mexican restaurant in town, they invited me to join them for dinner. We went to a small but very good place not too far from here and were served by a waitress that spoke VERY little English. She had to go get someone else a couple of times to translate. Tonight there’s a Chili Feed at the park recreation center, and a pancake breakfast tomorrow morning. Just $3 for each! At this rate, who needs a frig?

January 13
I’m still in Brownsville, leaving tomorrow for points west, but not too far west. I have reservations in Mission TX for next Monday through Friday morning. There’s a big Camping World in Mission, so maybe I can get my frig repairs done there. If not, I might buy a small cooler that plugs into the DC power outlet (previously called a cigarette lighter). I won’t be able to carry much food and will have to eat out more. That’s not all bad!


The high today is supposed to be 81 degrees, but it’s raining so it doesn’t feel that warm, just muggy. Right after the rain, the cold weather moves in…high of 40 and low of 33 forecast for Wednesday! An almost 50-degree spread in three days…sounds more like MN.

No comments: