Friday, February 22, 2008

If Only I Golfed...


I'm spending today and tonight at the fabulous River Bend Resort and
Country Club in Brownsville, TX! Every home and RV spot abuts the
golf course, spread out among the holes. I'm parked right by the 6th tee and with the beautiful weather, the golf carts are going by as though there's a parade. There's a very inviting pool in front of me
that I plan to jump into soon. With temps in the mid-80's, I really may jump in instead of doing my usual inch-by-inch 10-minute pool entry. Too bad the dogs can't swim, but they're enjoying the air conditioning in the RV.

The Resort is right on the Rio Grande river, and a person with a good throwing arm could easily throw their golf ball into Mexico. I'm betting a fair number of balls end up there if the golfers have bad hooks or slices!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marty,
Sure wished we were down in Texas with you. We had such fun traveling together last year. The pool and hot tub were great along with the trips to Mexico, the beach and Luckenbach and our many other adventures. Hope to see you safely in Mn. when the weather gets warmer. It's not bad right now, a real heat wave going on! Safe travels,
The Como's

David said...

Hey Marty, just noticed you are adding to your blog. I'm a little slow. Sounds like quite a trip home from the LTV rally! And you seem to be successfully avoiding the cold.

And making life changing plans. Good luck in selling your townhouse.

We hope to visit Jack & Judy in September on our way to the western B rally. I think we will leave our checkbook at home.

David (AsheGuy)