Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Quick Update and Some Trip Stats

Unfortunately, my comment about not boasting about the weather became a prophecy. It was beautiful the first few days after I got home...an all-time record for March 26 of 81 degrees! Then the bottom fell out and since then we've had some snow and quite a lot of extremely cold temps for April. Now we're setting temperature records in the other direction. Lows consistently in the lower twenties and teens, with wind chills below zero. The MUTT is in an unheated storage building and I'm hoping to not find it flooded from cracked water lines when I go to pick it up. Next year I may not come home until May!

The final stats for my trip are as follows: 6357 miles and a cumulative fuel mileage figure of 21.1 mpg. I could add up the amount spent on fuel, but that would be too painful. Prices for diesel ranged from $2.279 to $2.749. I actually saw a station in Winslow, AZ that listed diesel at $3.499, but just laughed and drove past.

I'm planning on leaving for my eastern trip on May 6 or 7 after a weekend of watching my granddaughters Kendra and Annika both play soccer and my grandson Jacob compete in the MN State Wrestling Tournament.

No comments: